Archive | May, 2012

New Sunhat

18 May

I recently finished sewing a new sunhat for Daisy. She’s grown out of the sunhat she wore last summer and autumn. I used this pattern from Merriment Design. It is beautiful, and I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.

Daisy models her new sunhat while enjoying a ride on the swings.

The hat is fast and easy to sew, it took me around 5 or 6 hours. I used my bias tape maker to make the straps, but otherwise I followed the pattern to the letter. The next time I make this hat, I will baste the hat lining in before sewing it. But that is the only modification I’ll make – this is a great pattern!

Advertisements